Catholic Parish Church of the market gardeners‘ district
When the church of St. Gangolf couldn’t take all the parish members of the market gardeners’ district anymore, the parish decided to build a new church further to the north. Construction works of St. Otto began in 1912, following plans of the architect Otto Orlando Kurz and his partner Eduard Herbert. The church was finished in 1913 and the bells were consecrated on April 23rd,1914. It is one of the very few art deco churches in Germany and was the first 20th century church listed, thus receiving landmark status.